Lekan, a legal practitioner, holds an LL.B from the University of Lagos and a B.L from the Nigeria Law School. Lekan heads the Firm’s legal services division. His areas of expertise are taxation, real estate, energy, construction, and infrastructure transactions. Lekan is also an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria.
Over the past eight (8) years, Lekan has litigated on a wide range of issues including insolvency, land matters, maritime, aviation, sale of goods, recovery of premises, banking, matrimonial causes, family, and custody.
He was a member of the team that recently advised on:
- transfer pricing on a transaction for interest acquisition worth US$5,000,000 Million (Five Million US Dollars) on behalf of an oil and gas marine servicing company;
- an extensive review of the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) between the Lagos State Government and PIPP LVI Genco Limited and the construction of the 6.5 MW Peninsula Independent Power Plant in Lekki, Lagos;
- the review of the Consortium Agreement and other documents for the acquisition bid for the NIPP Gbarain Power Plant in Bayelsa State by Chapel Bay Consortium (Channel Oil & Petroleum Limited, Eczellon Capital Limited, Bayelsa State Government, Banner Gas Limited and Power China);
- drafting several subcontract agreements and purchase and services agent agreements for the construction of roads in Surulere, Ikeja and Ipaja/Ayobo areas of Lagos State; and
- the N10,000,000,000.00 (Ten Billion Naira) Nigeria’s first corporate infrastructure bond issued by Viathan Group.
Lekan has demonstrated a high degree of commitment towards achieving clients’ overall objective.